Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What is the penalty for driving without insurance?

Ok so 2 years ago I was driving along and a tire fell out of a truck bed in front of me and broke my windshield and did a little bit of front end damage. The truck kept going and so I ended up submitting a claim for like $600.00 to my insurance company to cover the damage. In return, they raised my rates to a point where the increase added up over two years has cost more than the repair bill. I've tried changing companies, but the claim is still in my records and I am under 21 so all the quotes I've received have been higher than what I was originally paying. As for the the rest of my record, it is totally clean, no wrecks, tickets, or even close calls. I'm about ready to say screw it to insurance, as I feel I'll never need it. As far as I see it, I've already paid the insurance companies over $5000 and they've only covered $600.00 of damage and have treated me like crap.So whats the average penalty if I do get stopped and don't have insurance?

No comments:

Post a Comment