Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How long does it take for auto insurance to pay out for no-fault accident?

Hello - I was involved in an auto-accident in March of 2006 in which both insurance companies (mine and hers) agreed that it was the other party's fault and I was a zero-liability. Their insurance company (let's call them "Venus", of ease) has asked for receipts ($1000 in rentals which my coverage does not cover), my deductible amount and any other amount which I had to put out (total is about $1,700). I have waited since April for them to pay me. I get letters from "Venus" every other week saying they are "pending further investigation" - but, I am at wits-end and want my money which I had to pay-out for an accident that everyone acknowledges is not my fault. Does anyone know what the law/rules are in California and how long they can take to pay after they find the other party is at fault? Also, what can I word in a strongly worded letter to get this finally paid. I dont want to hire lawyer for such a low amount - but, that extra 1700 sure would be nice at the moment. Thanks! Chris BTW, Ive called, faxed and sent letters - I just get the same "pending investigation" BS. My insurance company is waiting to get paid out also for all the damages. I just wonder if there is some statute that I can cite in a certified letter to them which demands they pay the 1700 now. Otherwise, my own insurance says to take them to Small Claims - and, who has time for that? I've called, faxed, emailed - you name it - but, I just want to cite some law and need help with a strongly worded approach to make them pay this . It will be a year in March/April since they've accepted liability for their client's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment