Saturday, June 9, 2012

My auto insurance company sent me to a collection agency, is this going to be on my credit record?

I cancelled my auto ins. and they charged me a cancelation fee. I disagreed with this but all they kept saying was "I should of read my policy".... To make a long story short I owed them $33.86 and it was due on 1/20. I called them on 1/29 and paid them over the phone. I just received a letter from a collection agency saying I owe them the balance. I called the insurance company and they said that they would forward my message to their accounting department and contact the collection agency to tell them this has been paid. I am applying for a small business loan and can't afford to have something like this show up on my report. Is there any grace period on behalf of the collection agency before they report to the 3 credit bureus?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment